Briefly about me
I am 24 years old student enthusiastic and happy to gain experience and discover new tendencies in computer science area.
About my study
I currently am doing a masters degree in Computer Science at the Politehnica University of Bucharest. I have completed my bachelors degree at the same University with focus on Software Systems.
Compilers, Operating Systems.
My non-Smalltalk experiences so far
In the area of compilers:
- I have implemented a Lexical, Semantic and Syntactic Analysis for COOL Compiler, in Java
- I have partially implemented a Code Generator for COOL Language, in Java
- I have made a Control and DataFlow analysis and implemented code optimizations for CoolIr language, in Java
In the area of Operating System Design:
- I have implemented an Interception of the system calls system, a basic UART Driver and a stateful firewall for IP Packets in C under Linux and Windows
- I have implemented a mini shell to execute simple commands in sequential or parallel order,
supporting standard input, output or error redirection, a simple client – server protocol using IPC mechanisms: shared memory,message queues and semaphores and a software simulation of MMU using virtual memory concepts: swapper and demand pager in C under Linux and Windows
My Smalltalk experiences so far
I'm new in this area but happy to explore it.
Why am I interested in Smalltalk?
Because it's a bright and interesting project with focus on my area of interests. It's a good chance for me to further my research aspirations and gain a good experience.
Will I stay with Smalltalk after the project is finished?
If I'll still be useful, I will.